What is Rave?
From Rave Documentation
Revision as of 17:50, 22 August 2013 by Admin
- ...a MATLAB toolbox: You need MATLAB to use Rave.
- ...a Data visualization program: Rave offers a huge array of interactive visualizations
- ...an Information dashboard creation platform: Rave uses a novel workspace system that lets you create arrangements of visualizations, text, controls, and images to create complex information dashboards.
- ...an Optimization program: Rave gives you easy access to MATLAB's Optimization and Global Optimization toolbox functions, and to other optimizers
- ...a Surrogate modeling program: Rave includes many regression and interpolation techniques to make functions from your data. You can use these functions in Rave (for example to run optimizers) or export them for use in other programs.
- ...mouse-driven: Most users can use Rave without writing a single line of code or knowing how to code in MATLAB.
- ...user-extensible: Rave uses a simple plug-in directory structure that lets you write your own features and implement them in Rave just by dropping them in the right folder.
- ... open source: You can download a GPL version of Rave from the main Rave website Rave Website